THE Nutcracker Auditions
Performance Dates: December 1st & 2nd, 2018
Audition Date: Saturday, September 8th, 2018 at Shreveport Dance Academy (click here for map)
9:00 - 9:30 am • Reindeer
5 & 6 year olds with 1 full year of ballet experience
9:30 - 10:00 am • Mice
7 & 8 year olds with 2 full years of ballet experience
10:00 - 10:30 am • Soldiers
9 & 10 year olds with 3 full years of ballet experience
Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the designated audition time. Auditions begin promptly at the time stated.
Auditions are open to anyone who is at least 5 years old by September 30th, 2018 and who is currently enrolled in ballet classes at an area dance school. A parent must accompany each child to the audition. A family member or representative of each dancer must attend a mandatory parent meeting during the audition time on the same day. The Artistic Director will announce roles and give out rehearsal schedules at the conclusion of the audition.
Other participation requirements include:
- All families of dancers are required to become members of Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet. Your membership contribution is due at the time of audition and is non-refundable. Please pay by cash or check payable to Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet.
- A costume fee of $35 must be paid at the time of audition for each child participating. Please pay by cash or check payable to Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet.
- All families will participate in fundraising. Details will be provided at the audition.
- Each dancer’s family must commit to at least 4 hours of volunteer work.
- No absences are allowed during the last full-cast rehearsal before the performance (Monday, November 26).
- Online notification is required to miss any other rehearsal. Information about our online absence request system will be provided.
- Mandatory dress rehearsals for The Nutcracker will be held at the Strand Theatre on Wednesday and Thursday the week of the performance. Dress rehearsal schedules will be sent out at a later date. All cast members will be expected to participate in free performances for local students on Friday, November 30.